Wikileaks video of US military killing journalists

Politics

Moderator: Justin

Wikileaks video of US military killing journalists

Postby Silverfox » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I'd link the YouTube URl but it says I need to be at least 18 to view it and I don't know how to change that on my own account so...

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/04/05/wi ... -of-u.html

Wikileaks claims to have obtained and decrypted video that shows US occupying forces in an Apache helicopter intentionally firing on a dozen civilians in Baghdad, including journalists working for the Reuters news organization: 22-year-old Reuters photographer, Namir Noor-Eldeen, and his driver, Saeed Chmagh, 40.

The video is 17 minutes, but it goes fast. It's pretty messed up.

For those that don't know, Wikileaks is a website that hosts content from anonymous sources and keeps their sources anonymity. This is important as more laws are passed (and circumvented) that protect corporations, organizations, and governments from scrutiny and transparency.

This is great example. The Pentagon says that this was a fight against armed Iraqi's who were attacking the planes and helicopters. When Reuters wanted the video for proof (through a FOIL request) the Pentagon denied their requests, and still stood their ground that this was a provoked attack.

So someone stole and decrypted the video. Decrypting these videos is against the law by the way. This is one of those laws I mentioned above that protect goverments from scrutiny. The person who stole the video would be in deep shit if the government ever find out who did it.
I: He loses, but goes the distance.
II: He wins.
III: He loses. Mick dies. He wins.
IV: Apollo dies. He wins.
V: He "wins".
VI: Adrian dies. He loses, but goes the distance.
Silverfox
Rear Admiral

Re: Wikileaks video of US military killing journalists

Postby Justin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 pm

sickening :x
Justin
Lucky Bastard!

Return to Politics & Government (Formerly Politics & Syrup)