"The 10,000"

Anything related to camping. This includes Stories, Dates for camping, Picture posting, and anything else in the camp genre.

Moderators: Justin, candy man

"The 10,000"

Postby larry tate » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:51 am

Hello fellas,

I intend to bid on some land in Barre with a really shitty trailer on it, I call it "The 10,000". Here's a link to check it out.

http://www.nysauctionsbids.com/live/jsp ... ctionId=35

My wife totally hates this idea, but I think it will be wonderful. William and I can hardly wait til we can bring some chairs and sit around there. Camp a little closer to home, plus the possibility of vagrants. What more could a guy want? If I get it, I'll let everyone know and I'll probably have a party there. Refreshments will be provided. Bring your own chair(s).

My wife thinks that I won't do any work on the place. She might not realize that I'm serially unemployed, but she's still probably right. I'll at least mow the lawn occassionally. Hopefully some of Mrs. Palchico's chickens will wander into my yard so I can have some eggs.

R&RTPH,
Adam
Taking retards to the zoo.
larry tate
Close to 100

Postby TED BUNDY » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Hopefully everything works out and you'll have the 10,000. Then we can get a couple gallons of Señora Torelli's wine and have a fine time. You might not need too many chairs, there's a swing set in the creek there. It'll keep your feet cool when you're sitting on the most stylin' set in all of West Barre. Maybe you could charge Jesus Maria Corcoran rent on it when you aren't working the 10,000.
My guitar wants to kill your mama
TED BUNDY
Colt 45

Postby larry tate » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:21 pm

It doesn't look good boys.

I visited the Barre Town Assessor and he informed me that not only the next door neighbor, but also two other parties have contacted him regarding their intent to bid on this pile of shit. So if it goes for more than $1750 tomorrow, the 10,000 will be nothing more than a dream unrealized.

Wersch me luck.
larry tate
Close to 100

Postby candy man » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 am

Adam, never give up on your dreams. It even looks like you could grow potato's there. I think a rusty swing in the front yard would make this a prime local. Just like what Jimmy V said " Don't give up, don't ever give up". Of course he died about a day after he said it, but hold true to yourself. I got $29 on it if you need it.
"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man".
candy man
Local Fantasy Sports G33K

Postby TED BUNDY » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:17 am

I say we hold a telethonon on cable access. Have the thing on channell 11 right after "Life Without Shame."
My guitar wants to kill your mama
TED BUNDY
Colt 45

Postby Chad » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Is life without shame still on? I love that show.
"Like Moby Dick in a Goldfish bowl."
Chad
Rear Admiral

Postby larry tate » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:31 pm

The 10,000 went for $4400. Too stupid. I bid on a house around the corner from me in Medina. I stopped bidding at $4000. It went to the next bidder for $4250. I would've had to pay the taxes. That would have been another 4K, plus fixup. I don't want to be unemployed AND broke. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for the next bunch of delinquent taxpayers. Thanks for reading about my foibles.
larry tate
Close to 100

Postby Justin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am

We all have faith in your next round of delinque-bidding.
Justin
Lucky Bastard!

Postby larry tate » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:32 am

Dear Abbie,

So these auction types just sent me a note stating that the guy that bid 4250 never paid, so I can buy it if I so choose. The only problem is that they told me I have to reply to them by August 10 and I just received it today. I've blown the money that I'd set aside for this, but its still in the realm of my economic possibilities despite my lack of employment. I'm having one of my beautiful brother-in-laws come by tomorrow to see if he's interested in the property, but I don't know if I want "them" living around the corner from me. I just had to spot this one enough cash to put a down deposit on a fucking cell phone for christ sakes, I don't know if I want to enter a real estate deal with him.

Sincerely,
Feeling weird and slightly drunk in WNY

That aside, I just saw that whites are projected to no longer be the majority of the US population by 2042. I of course blame fat white chicks, I see them with their offwhite offspring everywheres. I bought some burritos off of a taco stand in front of a Mexican store recently, they were awesome and cheap. I went back the next day for more of the same, they claimed to be out.... reverse racism? I hope so. Let them have their delicious foods and happy children. My son cried for no reason during his last soccer game of the season tonight despite being told secretly by the coach that there would be pizza following the game. I installed a pool today, it was truly exhausting. I signed up for a civil service exam to be a library clerk yesterday, but I don't think I'll take the job. Definitely not "Crazy Beautiful", instead "fat lazy beautiful". Eat your heart out Mary Jane.
larry tate
Close to 100

Postby larry tate » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:56 pm

So I've decided not to buy the house. I would have to pay $5000 or so in taxes on top of the cost of the house, plus I'm starting school (plus I'm lazy) so no dice. Chanks for reading aboot mine idears.
larry tate
Close to 100

Return to CampPed related Things